Saturday 22 August 2009

dentist - boy

Sinus communication. Oral fistula. These are words I don't expect to hear when I have a tooth pulled. However, as I understand it now, it does happen from time to time (the tooth's root uncovers a passageway into my sinus and out my nose) and it means blowing my nose, sneezing with my mouth closed, using a straw or any other activity which shoves air from my nose to mouth or vice versa is a bad idea for 2-3 weeks (shit).

I would have liked to have been prepared.

I have to write notes everywhere I go since most of these actions I do without thinking. I was unaware previously how frequently I equalise the pressure in my ears, which now only makes me whistle and blow gum blood into my nose.

This will probably effect my decision of whether or not I'll have a root canal and crown. Have been looking for the statistics for a rate of success are not easy to find for the UK . Found some for the US which are not impressive and our health care is in the dark ages compared to theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment