Tuesday 25 August 2009

Dentist - girl

Col went to the dentist last week to have a tooth removed. He didn't want me to go with him. I was a bit relieved since last time I did the 'right thing' and went with him, I had to leave the room when the crunching sound got too much.
However, when he hadn't returned almost two hours later I was a bit concerned. Turned out they were busy working out whether a hole between his mouth and nose was a bad thing or not.
Given that Col hates the dentist more than anything and I'd bullied him into going I felt quite bad for him. Thank goodness he's one of the most resonable people I know and so didn't blame me for any of this mess.
It's now a week later and his hole has basically cleared up. I only made one or two jokes about oral fistuala, mainly because I imagine real fistula to be one of the worst things ever and therefore not joking material - there's not much I consider off limits so I sort of surprised myself there.
Col being Col, there was a lot of itnernet research into 'the hole'. We now know everything there is to know about sinus communications - useful. I just hope this hasn't put him off the dentist forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment